Important Call to Action!
March 23 – 25, 2015
Connecticut is in a budget crisis, and the General Assembly is considering cuts and legislation that will have lasting impacts on conservation efforts around the state:
- A complete sweep of the Community Investment Act over the next 2 years (plus an additional $10 million taken from existing open space funds)
- Cutting $2 million/year from our State Parks
- Eliminating the funding for the Council on Environmental Quality
- Conveying public lands to municipalities and private entities
As a result, the Connecticut Land Conservation Council has issued a Call to Action to all of those concerned with conservation. Please consider:
- Writing your State Legislators
- Calling your State Legislators
- Scheduling a visit with your State Legislators (We can help!)
- Writing an op-ed or letter-to-the-editor for your local paper
HOW? Take 15 minutes today and write a letter, make a phone call, pass the word! See the Call to Action PDF file for more information, a sample letter, and contact information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: